“Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease.” – Hippocrates
“I’ve suffered neck and shoulder pain since I was young. I’ve looked to massage, yoga, chiropractic adjustments and acupuncture for relief. Nothing compares with the help I’ve received from Cindy Bloom.
Cindy’s hands connect with various elements involved in my pain – tight muscles, misaligned bones, inflamed fascia – and, rather than working to force change, her hands are a conduit that allow me to let go of tension, and these component parts are able to right themselves.
I can’t say enough about the help she has given me.”
Benefits of Massage
The techniques I use vary from deep tissue work to light, gentle unwinding. Most people find my work extraordinarily relaxing.
I conduct an interview before each session to hear your goals and use my skills to work with you. I believe healing comes from within – a combination of your own effort and the innate processes in your body. I focus the massage session as a cooperative process rather than a corrective experience. My role is to facilitate the process and allow healing during a session.
Since there is a blending and honoring of the healing process, my work – especially CranioSacral therapy – has very few contraindications. It can be used as an adjunct with most other medical care.
I work with people of all ages. Here are some examples of clients who benefited from my techniques:
- Newborns freed from birth constrictions overcame nursing difficulties.
- Babies felt immediate relief from colic and parents got long needed rest.
- Children healed more quickly from sports injuries or concussions.
- Children or young adults calmed down and were more attentive in class.
- Adults recovered quickly from injuries or surgeries.
- Adults with pain or restricted movement became more comfortable and flexible.
- Clients who wanted to relax and take time to feel connected to themselves again.
Some conditions that are helped by massage:
- Chronic headaches
- Back aches
- Neck aches
- Emotional difficulties
- Joint pain
- TMJ dysfunction
- Neurovascular or immune disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction
- Learning disabilities
- Motor-coordination impairments